General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Unable to start the mechanical and geometry editor in Ansys workbench 14.5

• Joseph Lim
      Subscriber

Dear community,

Attached is the error that I encounter when I start to open the mechanical and geometry editor. May I ask for some suggestions and help with those problems?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Regards,

Joseph

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Is the problem you are asking about that there are no tools in the toolbox?

For the toolbox issue, I assume you have tried a restart on your computer.

Is the license local to that machine or is there a license server that machine needs to communicate with?

• Joseph Lim
      Subscriber

Hello Peter,

Yes, I have a problem with the toolbox issue. I have tried to restart on my computer numbers of times but I still have the similar problem.

I think is a license server that machine needs to communicate with.

Regards,

Joseph

• Bhargava Sista
      Ansys Employee

Joseph, 

Try these steps:

• Close all open WB sessions.

• In Run, type %appdata%, this will open the Roaming folder. Open the folder named Ansys.

• Since you're using version 14.5, look for a folder named v145. Rename it as v145_old.

• Now open a new WB session, see if this resolves the issue.

Let us know if that helps, cheers!

• Joseph Lim
      Subscriber

Hi Bsista,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried using other approaches which I reinstall the software (Ansys Workbench 14.5). The problems solved after I reinstall the software.

Cheers!

Regards,

Joseph 

• Tarek20
      Subscriber
      Hello every onennI am facing a problem related to open a new design modeler while clicking on Geometry it shows the following message as shown in the picture . nn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.