Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Unable to use ACT in ansys workbench

Tagged: ,

• Aji
      Subscriber

I'm unable to use ACT scripts due to some connection error. I can see firewall exceptions for ACT Browser and some ANSYS related items. Does anyone know any specific connection setting required for ACT? Everything else seems to work fine and I'm able to perform analysis.

"'GuiOperation ACT Start Page' threw exception during Invoke: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond "

I'm getting this error message when I click ACT start page in Workbench.

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
    • Aji
      Subscriber
      Yes Aniket.. I've gone through that document. But I'm able to use it in other systems even when connected through the same VPN.
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Did you try renewing the IP address as mentioned in the document? Also try to run it while disconnected from VPN.
      The VPN-related issue is specific to the ACT console. Other systems do work well irrespective of VPN.
      -Aniket
      How to access Ansys help links
      Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
    • Aji
      Subscriber
      Yes.. I tried that.
      By other systems I meant to say other laptop where I'm able to use ACT even while connected through same VPN.
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Try clearing AppData, and see if you have whitelisted all Ansys-related executables when those are popped up, and try running the workbench with administrator privileges. Also, did you try restarting your laptop after resetting the IPs? Also, is it possible for you to disconnect from VPN and then try this? (This should be possible if you are using a Free student version with a local license)
    • Aji
      Subscriber
      Thanks Aniket. But these steps are not helping and it is not possible to disconnect vpn.
      Is it possible to list out the executables that has to be allowed through the firewall for ACT?
      Right now I can see ACT browser and ACT app launcher.

• Aji
      Subscriber
      I'm sorry.. It is indeed the VPN that is blocking the connection. I'm able to access ACT when VPN is disconnected.
      Still wondering how it is working in other machines with VPN connected.
      Anyways thanks for the support.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.