Fluids

Fluids

Unassigned Interface Zones-Fluent 2D Issue

• Eng1989
      Subscriber

Hi 

Currently i am facing an issue that when i am doing meshing check - an errors show that Un assigned Interface Zones as shown in below picture and archive attached.  Due to Long geometry i have crated two faces for Fluid and three faces for the soil, i have defined these edges as interface.

Can you please advise how i can solve this issue

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

You have defined a few lines as interfaces which are not required and that is causing the "Mesh Check failed" warning. Delete the following named selections and you should get rid of the error.

• Eng1989
      Subscriber

Thank you very much Rahul

I have removed these selection, But Fluent considered it as a wall and creat a shadow , do i need to change it  as interior ?? .

Also, When i have setup my model and run the solution  i am getting a floating point even my mesh is uniform and around 412 K . can you please advise ?

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

I think i mentioned this before in another post of yours. You should reduce the size of the soil face in your geometry. Why do you need that big a soil face? And can't you reduce the length of the pipe thats buried in the ground? Such a slender geometry would be a difficult step to begin a simulation particularly with the different interfaces in the system. I'd suggest you to reduce the size of the pipe first and work on a simplified geometry before you try this geometry. 

• Eng1989
      Subscriber

Thank you Raul , i apprecaite your advise  

The Point is , i am trying to validate an article having  the same pipe dimension and soil. i know that my issue is from the mesh and i have reduced the soil face, Before i used to do meshing by using a Proximity option on advanced sizing and i got a great result and no floating point showed while running the simulation,  but the issue on this option i do not have any control on edge sizing " number of division ", so i used the adaptive option to have more  control on number of division on every edge but with this option i am getting floating point on fluent.

Can you please advise any suggestion to have a control on the edges and keep the pipe and soil dimension same and run the simulation without any issue

Again thx Rahul appreciate your time.

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

I'll definitely look into your model again and get back to you with what could be done .

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.