December 1, 2019 at 12:43 amPepe26Subscriber
I am trying to converge quite easy case, where a cylinder is partially surrounded by two different materials with interference around 0,1 mm. The aim of this analysis is just to close the interference. It is a structural static analysis, with large deformation activated. I've used standard contact behavior with friction coefficient= 0,01 just to prevent the rigid body motion. Finally it is not converging, stopping after 60-70% of time step. It is metal to wood connection. KEYOPT (9) is set to include everything with ramped effect, KEYOPT(6)=2, no automatic contact adjustment KEYOPT(5), CNOF=0, FKN=1.
The last - finally unconverged sub-step is showing something like a flag, at the top elements from the screw head. Please see the attached file. I could not get rid of that.
Could you please suggest how can I improve the convergence?
December 1, 2019 at 12:55 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.