Preprocessing

Preprocessing

uncovered face

• valentina
      Subscriber

Hi everyone! I have a problem with the mesh generation. Below there is attached a picture and as you can see, there is an area with mesh in between 2 blocks. I tried everything like merge vertices, check and delete the elements which are over there, but in the pre-processing it appears as a default boundary condition and it gives me an error when I want to run the simulation. I am wondering if there is any way to solve this to avoid making again the blocks from the entire domain. Thanks!

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

When you say there is mesh between two blocks means you have already converted it to unstructured mesh?

Can you please explain full procedure. 

• valentina
      Subscriber

I discovered the problem. But ansys is very strange. For example, if you pre-mesh and then suddenly you want to split a block and create a point or a line in order to assign the edge or vertex, then in pre-solver will show you as an extra boundary condition and you cannot remove it. 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Can you please try 'Recompute' on premesh?

Can you please try Blocking - PreMesh Param - Update All?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Also as it is solved, can you please mark it as Is Solution to help others on forum.

• Sidharath
      Subscriber

Hi

I want to ask a question on student forum but i am unable to ask it. My question is below.

i am new to icemcfd. i am getting this error volume elements  were found for Uncovered faces. I will try to explain my procedure. please help me out.

-I imported my geometry and named the surfaces like inlet, outlet

- i created a block and further split it.

- on some blocks i required a coarse mesh so made them free blocks and did mesh refinemnt 1/3.

-i did pre mesh and the convert it to uns.mesh

- i have some hangiong nodes in order to fix it i did merge node then resolve refinement.

- when i go to check mesh i got this error

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.