November 12, 2022 at 10:40 amBabu Gandhi SubramanianSubscriber
I understand that each Mechanical and CFD license allows solver to run on 4 cores. We have 5 Mechanical, 3 CFD licenses and there are 4 HPC cores available. While trying to run CFD in 3 different workstations (similar ones with 12 logical processors each), license works for some configuration of cores and does not work for the rest.
Workstation 1 = 12 cores, W2 = 4 cores, W3 = 4 cores => Works fine
W1 = 12 cores, W2 = 4 cores, W3 = 8 cores => Does not work
W1 = 8 cores, W2 = 8 cores, W3 = 8 cores => Works fine
Why is this so ? If at all each license works with 4 cores, then the maximum core that a workstation can utilise is 4 + 4 (License and HPC) = 8. How is CFD running 12 cores when the max core availability is 8 ?
Need some clarity on this, kindly help.
November 14, 2022 at 7:39 pmGeorge KarnosAnsys Employee
Can you post the license status to see exactly what licenses you have?
Also, under %TEMP%\.ansys there will be license debug files.
Can you post the error found in the license debug file for the program you are running?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- License Error
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.