January 23, 2018 at 11:50 amShivaniSubscriber
I'm simulating a model with pressure loads.But to apply loads,I cannot select a volume(which is understood).But I want my pressure load to be distributed across the entire volume of the structure.
So I wanted to ask,if I apply pressure load on one of the surfaces, of say a cube, does the pressure act on the entire cube or just one of the surfaces?
January 23, 2018 at 9:40 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Pressure is applied to one or more faces of the body. The material of the body supports that pressure by deformation, which creates stress in the material and the entire model finds an equilibrium state (for a Static Structural model).
See the video in your other thread.
- The topic ‘Understanding how pressure is applied’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
- A solver pivot warning or error has been detected
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.