Unexpected graphics error

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

one of the plugins fails to load.

Please help

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Hi  Andrew Geddes

When does this error occur? Does this error occur with Ansys Workbench or with Ansys Discovery Products?

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

It occurs with Ansys AIM, I dont know what causes or triggers it

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Andrew Geddes

Can you try deleting all files from %temp% folder? 

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

i dont have the admin access on my computer. My whole C: drive is read/exe only

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

Dont think it is a temp file issue. Just restarted my pc, and the problem presists. Very frustrating issue

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

problem persists Subashni do you have any other suggested fixes?

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

Subashni after more investigation it appears that AIM must be started AFTER spaceclaim. The plugin seems to load with spaceclaim and only then can I open AIM.

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Andrew Geddes

Good to know that the problem is solved.

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

Subashni the problem isnt solved you should be able to open AIM without SpaceClaim.

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Andrew Geddes

Have you got Ansys Workbench and Ansys Discovery installed in the same location?

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

I have only got a Disocvery Ultimate trial and yes they are all installed in the same area. All in the C: drive, all defaults used in the install.

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Andrew Geddes

We are looking into the possible cause of the issue. Let me check with the team if that could be a possible problem. 

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Andrew Geddes

Could you please confirm if you have the graphics driver updated? If not, can you please update them and check if it works?

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

Graphics driver is 411.81, latest ODE available driver

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

Does this help Subashni ?

• Subashni Ravichandran
        Ansys Employee

Andrew Geddes  

Yes, it shows that the drivers are updated. Let me consult the team and get back to you on this.

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Can you please confirm if you have done the installation under 'run as administrator' and made sure to temporarily turn off the firewall during installation. If you have done the above steps and it still doesn't work.

Can you please send us the log file and error file (if any), named as install (text file) and install.err respectively located at C:Program FilesANSYS Inc folder on your machine. (Please try to request access and send us the log file.)

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

These are the 2 text files from the folder

🛈This post originally contained file attachments which have been removed in compliance with the updated Ansys Learning Forum Terms & Conditions

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

Any joy Subashni ?

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Andrew Geddes

I have been discussing your case with the team. It seems like this issue could occur because of special characters in the Windows username. I gather from your installation log file that your username contains some space/ Non-English/ Special characters. Could you please try installing again with a new Windows username?
      Please let me know if the problem persists even after making these changes.

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

I do not have the ability to do that. Given that I am evaluating the software for a company in which every user is forename.surname that is a wholely innapropriate and very unfortunate short coming.

• andrew.geddes
      Subscriber

The software still opens when a project file is opened but yeilds the graphics error when opened using the desktop shortcut

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Andrew Geddes

Let me check with the development team if there is any workaround that we could use. I will get back to you on this soon.

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Andrew Geddes

The developers confirm to me that this is an issue that has been reported. We're not sure of a timeline to any updates in this matter.

Currently, the only workaround could be what you suggested in your previous comment, to start the application using a project file.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.