October 7, 2020 at 1:41 amssagarSubscriber
I am performing the Charpy Impact test on a Nickel Based Superalloy Inconel 718. I used SPH Form 0 initially in LS-DYNA however, the specimen fractured based on tensile instability. So I decided to use Form 12 which is expected to take care of Tensile Instability.
Using Form 0, there is no penetration of the 5 m/s striker, however with the Form 12, the striker is going through the specimen.
Can you kindly indicate where I am going wrong. The picture shows the difference.
SOctober 8, 2020 at 4:36 pmChris QuanAnsys EmployeeMake sure the material model of the Nickle Alloy has damage or failure criterion. If not, use *Mat_Add_Erosion to add material failure model to the Nickle so its material strength will not be over-predicted. nJanuary 22, 2021 at 3:35 amssagarSubscriberThank you very much. I used the Johnson Cook Failure CriterianViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.