November 4, 2018 at 12:09 pmEliasSubscriberAfter clicking on the solve button doing thermal homework of edx.org it can't display the solutions rather shows me unknown error occurred during the solution and when I Check the solution information I saw "the memory size requested (1024 mb) is not currently available. Reenter ANSYS command line with less memory requested." Any idea please?
November 4, 2018 at 5:11 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Does your computer have 4 GB of RAM? That is the minimum required for ANSYS. If so, restart your computer, start ANSYS and try solving again. Perhaps you had too many programs open and the RAM was consumed.
If your computer has only 2 GB of RAM, you can still make ANSYS solve tiny problems in Mechanical by using Tools, Solve Process Settings, Advanced button, checking the Manually specify... and typing these numbers for Workspace and Database.
Does your computer have two cores? If not, you must type 1 where you see 2 above.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.