January 22, 2018 at 9:58 amabhardwajSubscriber
I am working on Ansys Aim Fluid Thermal Interaction module with a pretty linear flow but while looking at the transcript I find a message as mentioned in the attached image
I have set my turbulence conditions to be automatic. I have no idea about the significance of this message, weather it is an error affecting my result or it is just a warning that can be ignored. Moreover, I did stop my solution process in between at around 1000 iterations and the partial result that I am getting is very close to my experimental result. Here I am attaching an image of my solution monitors.
I am also not sure about my stopping point being right by looking at the temperature residual.
The simulation setup is explained below:-
1. The heat source is enclosed within a fluid body whose 4 faces are considered as wall and 1 face is considered as input face with air velocity as 1mm/s. whereas output face is assigned 0 Pascal gauge pressure.
2. Buoyancy is applied in vertical direction. and heat source is assigned with 500 watts.
3. Material specifications are properly assigned and geometry is fine with good mesh quality.
Kindly help us to understand the concept and remove the error if any.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.