General Mechanical

General Mechanical

unknownerror-occurred during solution.Check the Solver Output on the Solution Info object…

• lavakiran95
      Subscriber

Hello, 

I have a problem with my last step in ANSYS - Solution (Solve). Geometry, Mesh is fine, but I still getting error: 

Text: "An unknown error occurred during solution.  Check the Solver Output on the Solution Information object for possible causes."

I already tried everything.. Have a thesis submission tomorrow 

Help me please. 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

You have an A and B system. Oddly, the B system has a better mesh, despite having a larger default element size. A proper element size might be 4 mm, not 70 mm.

Analysis Settings

Auto Time Stepping, On

Initial Substeps 10

Solver Type, Direct

Large Deflection, On

Solution Information, Newton-Raphson Residuals, 5

I'm not saying this will solve, but it is how I would change your model to have a chance of solving and to get the diagnostic information when if fails to converge.

• lavakiran95
      Subscriber

Yes, the file is working now. Thank you very much. 

Can you suggest what kind of mesh settings I have to apply so that I can get a good mesh within the student limit of 80k element. 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

The Student license limit for nodes or elements for Mechanical applications like Static Structural is 32k.

I think you are on the Teaching license. I don't know what that limit is for Mechanical apps, but you say it is 80k.

Reduce local element size near the areas of high stress gradient to get a better estimate of peak stress. Do this with a Sizing mesh control > Sphere of Influence. You must create a Coordinate System near the areas of high stress gradient before you use this mesh control.

The resolution of the peak stress may be limited by the faceted geometry. If the geometry was smoothed, perhaps that would give a different peak stress.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.