August 1, 2019 at 2:27 pmlavakiran95Subscriber
August 1, 2019 at 2:45 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
You have an A and B system. Oddly, the B system has a better mesh, despite having a larger default element size. A proper element size might be 4 mm, not 70 mm.
Auto Time Stepping, On
Initial Substeps 10
Solver Type, Direct
Large Deflection, On
Solution Information, Newton-Raphson Residuals, 5
I'm not saying this will solve, but it is how I would change your model to have a chance of solving and to get the diagnostic information when if fails to converge.
August 1, 2019 at 3:20 pmlavakiran95Subscriber
Yes, the file is working now. Thank you very much.
Can you suggest what kind of mesh settings I have to apply so that I can get a good mesh within the student limit of 80k element.
August 1, 2019 at 3:49 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
The Student license limit for nodes or elements for Mechanical applications like Static Structural is 32k.
I think you are on the Teaching license. I don't know what that limit is for Mechanical apps, but you say it is 80k.
Reduce local element size near the areas of high stress gradient to get a better estimate of peak stress. Do this with a Sizing mesh control > Sphere of Influence. You must create a Coordinate System near the areas of high stress gradient before you use this mesh control.
The resolution of the peak stress may be limited by the faceted geometry. If the geometry was smoothed, perhaps that would give a different peak stress.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.