July 2, 2020 at 1:31 pmomeraroettySubscriber
Hi, i'm working on a model simulation of stress, strain and total deformation.
i'm trying to place the force i need to use on specific area on the model as shown in the pics.
trying to use either geometry selection and name selection for this area , but non of them are working.
geometry selection do not recognize the area i'm trying define.
name selection does recognize what i'm trying to define but when i need it for placing the force it's not on the list as shown.
can anyone explain me what i need to do for it to work- either of the options i presented will be good!
July 2, 2020 at 3:51 pmWenlongAnsys Employee
Your name selection is a group of nodes, so please use "node force" instead of force. Then your name selection will work.
The reason that directly selecting geometry doesn't work in your case is probably that you have STL geometry. It should work use other formats such as Spaceclaim geometry or SolidWorks geometry.
July 2, 2020 at 5:17 pmomeraroettySubscriber
i tried to use "Nodal Force" as you suggested and my name selection (made from gathering elements manually) so not apply as well,
as shown in the picture.
also, this is an SolidWorks geometry. i got it from the official library GrabCAD under "Tibia implant".
this is the right area the force is suppose to be on in green.
As seen, after selection the name selection do not apply for choosing in force or nodal force options
July 4, 2020 at 3:25 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.