June 21, 2021 at 8:55 amssozen_72Subscriber
In the pre-stressed modal analysis of a historical clock tower, I got results unreasonable. Although I want to extract 7 modes in total, ANSYS calculates a total of 14 modes. The consecutive modes have the negative values of the previous one (shown in table). Could it be a negative frequency value? Besides, I calculate very small stress and displacement values in my transient analysis using a scaled bidirectional acceleration record. So much so that the structure behaves almost as if it is not affected by horizontal loading at all.
I need your valuable help. Thank you very much in advance for your kind interest.
Şahin SÖZENJune 24, 2021 at 10:17 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Please refer to the following link for an analysis of Burj Khalifa. This may help you.
Regards Ashish Khemka
June 24, 2021 at 10:55 amssozen_72SubscriberThanks a lot for your response.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.