Fluids

Fluids

Unresolved Gaps error with volume mesh

• fotopoulosapos
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I am trying to mesh a racing car with polyhexcore volume mesh. I use the workflow for a watertight geometry. The surface mesh is quite good, with an average skewness 0.33 and maximum 0.7. However, when I try to generate the volume mesh an error occurs. The associated message is the following "Error: Unresolved gaps have been detected at the indicated locations. To resolve these gaps, either close the gpas using share topology or refine the mesh at the gaps." The gaps are present at the trailing edges of all airfoils.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Is it a single body in SpaceClaim? Then share topology may not be useful.
      Please make sure that you remove all small gaps in SpaceClaim before proceeding to Fluent Meshing. Simplify geometry at various places.
      You can also check diagnostics tool at
      10.3. Diagnostic Tools (ansys.com)
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      Guidelines on the Student Community

• nandacd
      Subscriber
      Hello Apo
      Did u resolve this error?
      Even I am getting the same error and need help if you have resolved it.
      Thankyou.
    • fotopoulosapos
      Subscriber
      Dear I have not yet been able to find a solution for all the problematic areas. One technique I tried was to add a fillet at the trailing edge of every airfoil (It can be done within spaceclaim by using the pull command) and also add a radius around the wheels as shown below. It is actually a fillet in the region where the tyre touches the ground. This video explains how it is done (
      " target="blank">
      )

One more tip for you, if you are using multi element wings, is to increase the gap between the airfoils if possible and to make sure the airfoils don't touch with each other. These changes solved most of the errors for me but not all of them. I had to modify and simplify the geometry quite a bit and yet I haven't found a solution for all the errors.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.