November 22, 2018 at 3:29 amAlexandre11Subscriber
A fluid flows through a solid region where a transient heat source is present. The cp value of fluid depends on temperature.
How to plot the amount of heat absorbed by the fluid over time in cfd post.
November 22, 2018 at 5:29 amDrAmineAnsys EmployeeThat would be theat released by
The solid region in contact with fluid. Say heatflux at contact interface on the fluid side.
November 22, 2018 at 5:51 amAlexandre11Subscriber
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry. I could not understand your answer. Can you explain it a bit more?
November 22, 2018 at 1:45 pmDrAmineAnsys Employee
In Fluent or CFX you have your Fluid passing though a solid region. Imagine now both are meshed and part of your model. CFX or Fluent will build up a sort of an interface or similar between both. At that interface you can look for the heat flux transferred between the solid body and fluid region. Look after the variable Heat Flux in Post which you can integrate along the Wall/Interface/Contact.
For more information you need to post some more details here so that we can be more specific here.
November 23, 2018 at 5:30 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
A quick check in Fluent would be Postprocessing - Reports - Fluxes - Heat transfer rate
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Exporting Data Results
- error in cfd post