December 15, 2022 at 4:19 pmAlejandro SantacruzSubscriber
I am trying to model a sliding cable contact system using CABLE280 (with CONTA177) and a rigid cylinder made of TARGET170 elements using ANSYS Mechanical APDL.
The problem I am having is that the normals on my CONTA177 elements (facing away from my rigid cylinder) do not align with the normals of my CABLE280 elements (facing towards my rigid cylinder). I have tried in many ways, and have not managed, to align the normals of the contact elements towards the target surface.
Therefore, when I use the CNCHECK command it tells me that no contact was detected for the contact pair.
I have created a text file listing all the commands I have used, so I wonder if anyone could offer some help?
I have been trying for many days now and by now I am desperate to find out what it is I am missing.
Thank you so much in advance.
December 16, 2022 at 8:49 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
We (Ansys employees) cannot offer detailed debugging help here. Perhaps some other forum members can.
I would recommend using WB mechanical instead of APDL, it is much easier to use.
All the best
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.