Fluids

Fluids

Unusual error messages

• wuxuetianzi
      Subscriber

Question description:

This is a 2D, axisymmetric, transient simulation involving three models which are VOF, Species transport and Solidification/Melting in Fluent 19.0. The primary phase is the mixture of reactant gases, and the secondary phase is the material that we want to melt at a certain temperature. No interphase reactions are activated. Wall surface reaction is selected and happened on a porous zone when the mixture diffused from the boundary to the surface of the porous zone. The phase 2 which is right on top of the porous zone will be melted while temperature increasing. No UDFs are used. The boundary conditions, initial conditions and the properties of all the materials are copied from the papers.

However, the problem happened right after clicking “calculation” if the simulation is running under the parallel processing. The error message (Shown below) jumped out. It always happened no matter how many CPUs were used. All the files have been placed in the same fold.

After switching to serial processing, the simulation can be run successfully with only one problem. The error message changes to the different one (shown below). But this message disappeared when I directly clicked ‘calculation’ button again and the simulation will start running.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

It means something in the solver is very unhappy.  You've got several models turned on, and whilst I know they all work together you need to be very careful with the settings. My suggestion is to turn off the reactions and see if it works. If not turn off something else, keep going until the model runs.  Then turn models back on and double check all the boundary, solver & materials settings/values. 

I assume you're running transient?

• wuxuetianzi
      Subscriber

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is running transient. I think the problem is caused by reactions.  Once I turn it off, the simulation is going normal. But the B.Cs, I.Cs and all parameters for reactions are copied from the experimental data. 

Do you know why this happened?

Please advise me, Thanks!

• wuxuetianzi
      Subscriber

Hi, do you have any idea what can cause this problem?

Best

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.