General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Update failed for the model component in static structural. Unable to attach to geometry file

• Samuel123987
      Subscriber

Hello I'm new to Ansys

In static structural, after face splitting a surface in design modeller, when i open it up in mechanical i get the following error message. 'Update failed for the model component in static structural. Unable to attach to geometry file.' Without face splitting it all works fine.

Thanks in advance for any help

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

This seems peculiar, can you delete the face split and try to import it in a new System?

If that succeeds and you absolutely need the face split you can use virtual topology to split the faces in Mechancial as well.

https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v195/wb_sim/ds_Virtual_Face_Split_o_r.html

-Aniket

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

How to show full resolution image

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community

• Samuel123987
      Subscriber

Thanks for the quick response, i can import when face split is deleted. I just need to apply a force to an area of a plate (Imprinting comes up with the same error) is virtual topology the easiest way to do this? 

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

yes, you should be able to split a face using VT, but you will first need to split edges using VT and then use the vertices to split the face. This won't be as easy as it is in CAD or DM or SCDM, but should be doable.

-Aniket

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

How to show full resolution image

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.