3D Design

3D Design

Updated imported geometry from CAD (SolidWorks & SpaceClaim)

• Torstein Svendsgaard
      Subscriber

Hi,

I encountered a "general" problem when using SpaceClaim for model preparation. 

I first have my SolidWorks model, used for design and making drawings etc. When I want to run an analysis I import the file to ANYS workbench and open it with SpaceClaim. In SpaceClaim, I'm doing simplifications, midsurfacing etc. Afterwords the anaysis is run i ANSYS mechanical. 

The problem is that I quite often end up doing some modifications to the Solidworks model (plate thickness, geometry) after the intital run of analysis. But when doing this change, I have to go through all simplifications, midsurfacing in SpaceClaim again as I cannot find a way to updated the model from CAD (SolidWorks). 

Any tips out there for a solution to this?

• Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee

I recommend to use Spaceclaim to do modification. You can go through few online tutorials and you can find that actually making modification in Spaceclaim is easier.

• Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee

Currently there is no connectivity to bring updated model from SW and still keep all geometry repair performed in Spaceclaim.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.