Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Updating a license

• kchin01
      Subscriber
      Currently trying to install a new license, but I am unable to install it using the lstclmui file or using the LS DYNA program manager. I get this error when I try to run the program image.png
    • Reno Genest
      Ansys Employee

I don't see the images you sent. Can you write the error messages that you are getting?

What error message are you getting when running LS-DYNA? The error message is in the messag file.

What error message do you get when you try to start the LSTC license manager?

Thanks.

Reno.
    • kchin01
      Subscriber
      The first is "Local License Error Unknown Error 63"
      The second says "Failed to Open LSTC License Manager Service. Access is denied."
      The third says "Cannot Open Service with START access. Access is denied."
    • Reno Genest
      Ansys Employee

Try running the lstclmui.exe as administrator and try starting the LSTC license manager again. If this does not work, try to Uninstall, then Install, then Start. Let me know if this helps or not.
      For the LS-DYNA error, this error message is not useful. Is it the error message from the messag file? I am not looking for a pop-up window error message; I am looking for the LS-DYNA solver error message from the messag file or the d3hsp file.

Thanks.

Reno.
    • kchin01
      Subscriber
      It worked! Thank you!!
    • Reno Genest
      Ansys Employee

Great!

Have a good day.

Reno.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.