February 27, 2023 at 11:49 pmmazaminSubscriber
I have a complex 3D model that I created by DM, Mesh, and FLUENT. Later, in Fluent, I:
1) refined the mesh in some areas (using Mesh program not FLUENT Mesh)
2) added some Fluid and Solid zones (by marking/separation).
Then in Mesh, I decided to add an Interior boundary to an existing Interior Type Named Selection, called X. I was hoping that this simple renaming (Named Selection) would not require a re-mesh, but unfortunately it did remesh, and because of that, after updating the Set Up and Solution, all added Zones, and mesh refinements in Fluent were lost.
My question is that, could I do it in a way that the simple edit in Named Selection wouldn't make all these hassles?
February 28, 2023 at 11:38 amRobAnsys Employee
If you've updated anything in Meshing, Fluent will need to re-read the mesh which resets Fluent re refinement zones etc. Boundary conditions should remain assuming the labels don't alter.
Depending on what NS needed altering we can split surfaces in Fluent but I advise doing this outside of Workbench as it'll conflict with the workflows.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.