October 17, 2018 at 10:24 amjhniatSubscriber
I am trying to create charts of a user defined result vs distance along a concrete RC beam. I am particularly interested in the normal and shear stresses at the interface between two concrete layers. I have defined a path spanning the length of my beam which runs along the centreline of the top face of the beam. I have turned on the mesh and snapped it to the mesh nodes. I want to setup a user defined result for the ratio of normal stress to shear stress but for some reason the normal and shear stress results, when scoped to a path will not come up with the identifier field required to do this.
Can someone please help me with this?
If not is there some way I can manually export the tabulated data for both the normal and shear stresses as functions of position x along the beam to be configured and plotted externally of Ansys?
October 17, 2018 at 10:41 amRohith PatchigollaAnsys Employee
October 17, 2018 at 12:31 pmjhniatSubscriber
Thank you very much. I was not aware that preset 'identifiers' for normal and shear stress existed.
October 17, 2018 at 1:45 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.