October 14, 2022 at 10:47 amOndřej DundáčekSubscriber
I have trouble with solving Design Points which are not updating due to required User input in Mechanical. The problem is due to using Wokrsheet based Named Selections that inclueds nodes and then using these Named Selection as a scoping method in definition of Remote Points. Model needs to be meshed in order to Remote Points became green checked instead of blue question mark.
Is there any way to force meshing so the Named Selections and Remote Points are created before it halts on required user input? So I can solve my Design points? Input variables in the Design Points are geometry based so every DP requires remeshing.
October 14, 2022 at 11:21 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Do not scope Loads or Supports to nodes when creating models that you want to exercise in a Parameter Set that will cause remeshing.
Scope only to geometry: Points, Edges, Faces.
If you need a point where one does not exist, open the geometry and split the face to create a vertex where you need it.
If you need a short piece of a long edge, split one of the faces on that edge to create the short edge.
If you need a small piece of a large face, sketch a small closed shape on the large face in SpaceClaim and the face will be split.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.