February 21, 2022 at 9:34 pmgreg2835Subscriber
I have a USERMAT model that internally determines a failure criteria. I'd like to send this criteria to WB where an APDL Command handles element deletion (ekill). At first I've been setting a state variable (ustatev(1)) and have been trying to figure out how to use this in the WB APDL command. The more I read about State Variables the more I think they are just passed to and from USERMAT and not to WB (please correct me if I am wrong!!). A work around from this would be to read/write to a text file, but that is very very slow. If anyone can help that would be great! Below is what I have if it is helpful. All I'm doing is trying to assign a vector the value of ustatev(1). I am using this thread to help as well (https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/144715#Comment_144715)
Command connected to Geometry:
Command connected to Static Structural
XXX(1) = SVAR1
FINISHFebruary 21, 2022 at 11:10 pmgreg2835SubscriberI figured it out! I mistakenly declared ustatev as an INTEGER instead of a DOUBLE. Switching back to DOUBLE has fixed the problem.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags