January 28, 2022 at 2:48 amJoonyoungLeeSubscriber
Hello, I'm currently studying photonic crystals with Lumerical, and I faced some problems with the bandstructure analysis.
Is it possible to set the start time of the monitor, as if it is on TimeMonitor? Instead of using the embedded bandstructure analysis tool, I would like to use a DFT monitor to separate the modes and observe their E profiles. But dipole excitation takes some time to reach eigenmodes, so I want my DFT monitor to ignore the first 1/3 of the simulation time. Otherwise, dipole sources dominate the E profile and I cannot obtain any useful information from it. Does the program offers such time interval setup explicitly, or at least internally via scripting?January 28, 2022 at 8:39 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeOnce you get the bandstructure, and just want to know the mode profile on the bands, you can use profile monitor, and set the apodization:
Please use previous time signal information to set the apodization. Understanding time apodization in frequency domain monitors
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.