Fluids

Fluids

using ” Fill_Face_Part_With_Same”

• durgaprasadram
      Subscriber

Hi guys,

I want to know how to use the command  "Fill_Face_Part_With_Same" in parallel udf. Usage of the line my udf brings out error as undefined identifier.

Thanks 

Mohan

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Could you please provide a little more details about your UDF? Perhaps, attach a screenshot of the same? What is the purpose of your UDF?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• durgaprasadram
      Subscriber

Hi Karthik,

I am trying to implement a multi-phase algorithm, which is still in its development stages. In parallel environment, I would be using information from neighboring cells, (through node, face and cell loops). As a precaution, i need to ensure that the id on the partition face (connecting the external cell) has the same value as compute node. From, Ansys manual, i understand that explicit way of doing it is by  using Fill_Face_Part_With_Same. The document however lacks clarity in its usage. I know that for most variables its usage is not required (as per the fluent user document). The question pertains to the syntax and in my understanding, is not influenced by the underlying algorithm.

Also, i there any way i can access the information of multi-phase interface normal vector in fluent (VOF)?

Thanks for your help

Mohan

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.