October 16, 2018 at 4:49 amsongSubscriber
Compiling demo-files such as ResRdDemo.F against binlib.dll failed using gfortran compiler. I have realized that binlib.dll is compiled with Intel Fortran compiler. However, it is not practical for me to use Intel Fortran compiler. Can I use gfortran compiler to compile ResRdDemo.F against binlib.dll? If yes, how. If no, any other choice? Thanks.
October 16, 2018 at 6:05 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
Moving to Structural Mechanics category for better response.
October 16, 2018 at 1:34 pmjpasquerellAnsys Employee
We have only tested the compiler listed in the help. Use of any other compiler is not supported.
October 16, 2018 at 3:12 pmsongSubscriber
Thanks. That is an issue. As I said, it is not practical for me to change a compiler. First, I do not have Intel compilers. Second, even if I have an Intel fortran compiler and I can change the c calling program (to be compiled by Intel C compiler as well) to call ansys's subroutines, the c calling program newly compiled by Intel c compiler can not call other program's subroutines which are compiled by non-intel compilers. In other words, the c calling program needs to call different program's subroutines which are compiled by different compilers. Furthermore, I saw that somewhere Intel compilers claim they are compatible with gcc and other compilers. All in all, I think that it is an issue.
October 23, 2018 at 2:19 pmsongSubscriber
it marks topic is solved. But I do not think so.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.