General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Using gfortran compiler to comiple demo-files such as ResRdDemo.F against binlib.dll failed

• song
      Subscriber

Compiling demo-files such as ResRdDemo.F  against binlib.dll failed using gfortran compiler. I have realized that binlib.dll is compiled with Intel Fortran compiler.  However, it is not practical for me to use Intel Fortran compiler. Can I use gfortran compiler to compile  ResRdDemo.F  against binlib.dll? If yes, how. If no, any other choice? Thanks.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Moving to Structural Mechanics category for better response. 

Regards,

Keyur

• jpasquerell
      Ansys Employee

We have only tested the compiler listed in the help.  Use of any other compiler is not supported.  

• song
      Subscriber

Hello Jpasquerell,

Thanks. That is an issue. As I said, it is not practical for me to change a compiler. First, I do not have Intel compilers. Second, even if I have an Intel fortran compiler and I can change the c calling program (to be compiled by Intel C compiler as well)  to call ansys's subroutines, the c calling program newly compiled by Intel c compiler can not call other program's subroutines which are compiled by non-intel compilers. In other words, the c calling program needs to call different program's subroutines which are compiled by different compilers. Furthermore, I saw that somewhere Intel compilers claim they are compatible with gcc and other compilers. All in all, I think that it is an issue.

Song   

• song
      Subscriber

it marks topic is solved. But I do not think so.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.