February 7, 2022 at 11:36 pmrh19536Subscriber
Hi, I want to put an IF statement in my viscosity parameter for material. I want the viscosity to be 10000 when static temp (I defined static_t = statictemperature in expression section of tree) is less than 320 kelvin and if it is more than 320 kelvin it should use my expression function for Viscosity defined in the expression section of the tree. However when I implement this statement I get the error seen in screen snip below. But I have seen in Ansys documentation that the units do not have to be the same. Any advice on this error would be appreciated.February 8, 2022 at 10:58 amRobAnsys EmployeeYou need to assign units to all of the values, so 320 [K], 10000 [kg/m/s], viscosity [kg/m/s] Expressions differ from UDFs in that the units aren't assigned until you add them; UDFs assume everything is in SI and you can't not use SI units.
February 8, 2022 at 11:00 amrh19536SubscriberYep I ended up doing that and it solved my problem . Thank you very much
February 8, 2022 at 2:47 pmDrAmineAnsys Employee:)
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Floating point exception
- Exporting Data Results
Top Rated Tags