Systems

Systems

Using Initial Fluent Data in System Coupling

• Ya_Tang
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

I am trying to run the two-way FSI in the command line. My model is a vessel, with a velocity inlet and a pressure outlet (coupled with a 3 wind vessel model). In order to run the FSI, the simulation in Fluent must be stabled. The problem is, I have no idea about using the existing Fluent Data (Run for a few cardio cycles and is stabled) in the System Coupling. Does anyone have any idea about using the initial data from Fluent or preventing initialization (this will erase all the data from Fluent) during FSI modeling? Thank you so much and have a great day.

Bests,

Ya

• Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Please refer *FluentInput (singleton) section in ExecutionControl (singleton) (ansys.com) for more information. You can import both case and data file as in GUI with command line.

Hope this helps you.

regards,

Rahul

• Ya_Tang
      Subscriber

Hi Rahul,

Thank you so much for your help. Great, it works perfectly. If you don't mind, May I ask you another question? In the AdditionalRestartInputFile (I leave it blank), I did not find the "myCommands.dat" in the "Mechanical_2" and "syC" folders mentioned below. I tried many ways, but it seems the system coupling does not generate such file. So, I am wondering if I need to change the settings in System Couling interface or Workbench Interface to  generate such file. Any suggestion or advice are greatly appreciated. Thanks again and have a great day!

Bests,

Ya

• Rahul Mule
        Ansys Employee

Hi Ya,

Did you generate SyC input files by exporting it from workbench or  by exporting from individual participant solution? On exporting data from workbench in "Mechanical_2" , you can find '.dat' and '.scp' files. Similarly, you can export SyC data from individual participant solution.
        Generating Participant Files (ansys.com)

Regards,

• Ya_Tang
      Subscriber

Hi Rahul,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Yes, I export the System Coupling file via the Workbench. There are three folders generated, namely, “Fluent_2”,”Mechanical_1” and “SyC” (as shown in the following picture).

In the folder of “Mechanical_1”, there are “Mechanical.dat” and “Mechanical.scp” files exist. The problem is when I start to run the System Coupling, the “myCommands.dat” mentioned in the following picture does not generate.

The following is what I thought:

I am running a FSI modeling in a vessel. To make the simulation become stable, I choose to run the FSI in a higher materials property (Young’s Modulus) and restart with a low Young’s modulus after the simulation become stabled. In the new released version, I found that I can use additional Restart Input File (a modified myCommands.dat?) to replace the original auto-generate restart script (myCommands.dat) and use it for the restarted run. Is this right? Do you have any suggestions or advice for realizing this?

Thanks so much for your time,

Ya

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.