Electronics

Electronics

Using Large-Scale DSO on managed cluster to generate dispersion diagrams using Eigenmode solvers

• holloway
      Subscriber

I am interested in using LS-DSO to compute dispersion curves for a variety of material and dimensional parameters. Is it possible to have a single "variation" include the parametric sweep of the relative phase between a master/slave boundary? I would prefer to export the data in a 2D report that was the phase vs the eigemode frequencies. This would occur over different variations of material property (parameterized as a project variable) and dimensional parameters. 

Regards. 

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Which Ansys tool are you using? How would you like to use the tool? Could you please elaborate on this?

Thank you.

Karthik

• holloway
      Subscriber

Karthik,

we are using AnsysEDT, version 20.1 (most recent). As I understand this, I have two options to generate parameterized dispersion curves of structures with various material properties and dimensional parameters.

(1) I can use the -batchextract exporteigenmodes flags to export the individual eigenmode frequency and Q for each material, dimensional, and master/slave frequency parameters. I can post-process the resultant data files to generate the dispersion curves, which could be fairly cumbersome. This may, however, be the only way to do what I want. If this is the case, I would like to understand how to use LS-DSO capability with the project to maximally leverage my available solver nodes. 

(2) I would prefer to distribute parametric sweeps of material properties and dimensional parameters, with each "design point" sweeping the phase difference between the master/slave boundaries. In this case, I would like to simply export the results 2D report (of the dispersion curves) for each set of dimensional and material parameters. Again, in this case, I would like to understand the most effective way of distributing the solve across a cluster.

Thank you. 

Regards.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.