March 30, 2020 at 3:29 pmhollowaySubscriber
I am interested in using LS-DSO to compute dispersion curves for a variety of material and dimensional parameters. Is it possible to have a single "variation" include the parametric sweep of the relative phase between a master/slave boundary? I would prefer to export the data in a 2D report that was the phase vs the eigemode frequencies. This would occur over different variations of material property (parameterized as a project variable) and dimensional parameters.
April 1, 2020 at 12:16 pmKarthik RAdministrator
Which Ansys tool are you using? How would you like to use the tool? Could you please elaborate on this?
April 1, 2020 at 1:44 pmhollowaySubscriber
we are using AnsysEDT, version 20.1 (most recent). As I understand this, I have two options to generate parameterized dispersion curves of structures with various material properties and dimensional parameters.
(1) I can use the -batchextract exporteigenmodes flags to export the individual eigenmode frequency and Q for each material, dimensional, and master/slave frequency parameters. I can post-process the resultant data files to generate the dispersion curves, which could be fairly cumbersome. This may, however, be the only way to do what I want. If this is the case, I would like to understand how to use LS-DSO capability with the project to maximally leverage my available solver nodes.
(2) I would prefer to distribute parametric sweeps of material properties and dimensional parameters, with each "design point" sweeping the phase difference between the master/slave boundaries. In this case, I would like to simply export the results 2D report (of the dispersion curves) for each set of dimensional and material parameters. Again, in this case, I would like to understand the most effective way of distributing the solve across a cluster.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.