May 26, 2022 at 12:02 pmifhamhafizSubscriberI am doing a structural analysis of a dam. The initial stresses on the foundation due to self-weight (gravity) needed to be modeled.
Then the dam needed to be placed on the existing foundation. The stress results obtained from the first analysis needed to be used in this analysis, but the deformation should be only calculated for the second analysis.
If someone having an idea of how to do this, please be kind enough to guide me.
May 26, 2022 at 4:48 pmAniketAnsys EmployeePlease google "How to Map Stresses using ANSYS Workbench Mechanical" and you would find some useful videos showing the process.
You may also want to take a look at:
Inistate command - initial stress state in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
Importing initial Stress ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
How to access Ansys help links
Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
May 27, 2022 at 2:18 amifhamhafizSubscriberThank You Aniket for directing me. I've found a way in.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.