LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Validating Drucker Prager Results from Abaqus in Ansys

• Fernando Torres
      Subscriber
      Hi Cool members, recently I was trying to validate the v.mises results of a silicone cutting by diamond tool.nThe author has used abaqus but I'm not abaqus fan and have never used it.nThe table which states the Drucker Prager constitutive model of Silicone has the following data:n1. Densityn2. Elastic Modulusn3. Poison's Ration4. Initial yieldn5. Friction Anglen6. Dilation Angle andn7. KnWhen I tried to construct the model in ANSYS EXPLICIT DYNAMICS as drucker prager strength linear, it only asks for dp strength value linear (which I don't have), yield stress at zero pressure and slope in degrees (I don't know if it's friction angle or dilation angle).nPlease help me impose those given values by author into my DP model in ANSYS.nThanks as always.n
    • Kai
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Array, I recommend that you take a look at Extended Drucker-Prager models in Abaqus documentation and Drucker-Prager Strength Linear in Ansys documentation. By comparing the t-p graph and theory explanation, you will see the slope is friction angle beta.n
    • Fernando Torres
      Subscriber
      thanks.nBut I'm unable to find ansys documentation on DP Strength Linear although I've found the Abaqus Documentation on it.nPlease help me find ansys documentation on DP strength linear. Thanks.n
    • Kai
      Ansys Employee
      Here you go. https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v195/exd_ag/ds_ex_mat_druckprag.htmln
    • Fernando Torres
      Subscriber
      Thanks a lot n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.