September 20, 2022 at 7:50 amup1057819SubscriberHello everyone,I am trying to validate a model of a honeycomb unit cell with Ansys Mechanical APDL. In order to validate the model, I am trying to calculate the Young and shear modulus and compare them with the analytical equations from the book of Gibson & Ashby.My model consists of a regular hexagon ( l=h, θ=30 ) and I am applying a uniform displacement (seen in the photo below ) calculating the reaction force of the nodes at the bottom where the model is constrained and with Hookes law calculating E ( out of plane ).(degree of freedom of the top nodes have been coupled in the Uy, longitude direction green mark in the model )The results I get from the theoretical equations and the model have a deviation of 20% more or less which they shouldn't have.What could possibly be wrong?
September 22, 2022 at 11:09 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
You cannot calculate Young's modulus and Shear modulus - they are input to be provided by the user for the analysis.
September 22, 2022 at 11:26 amup1057819Subscriber
Hello Ashish Khemka,
And how do you validate that your model is working properly?
September 22, 2022 at 11:28 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Anton, you will need to have experimental data or any other analytical calculations (like deformation and stress) to compare with the analysis results.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.