July 14, 2022 at 7:17 ammarco.ballotta.2Subscriber
Is there a way to validate the results of a simulation involving contacts?
I have obtained some stress results that seem realistic but how can I be sure they are correct?
They come from two bodies in contact, so how do I know the contact is modeld in the correct way? Thank you
July 15, 2022 at 6:30 amNaresh PatreAnsys Employee
Please check out below Ansys Innovation Course on Reviewing Results - Validation and Insight Using Ansys Mechanical which covers topics related to reviewing stress analysis results.
July 15, 2022 at 7:31 ammarco.ballotta.2Subscriber
I am also checking out the course on contact mechanics.
Is it also useful to solve a simple contact problem and confront the results with the analytical solution, so to use the same contact settings for larger model that doesn't provide analytical solution? Hope I made myself clear.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display