April 5, 2023 at 7:53 pmSanjib GurungSubscriber
Hi, I want to model the valves in the inlet and outlet of my CFD domain. The valves at the inlet and outlet need to change the opening area from the open to the closed state. Are there any UDF or functions available to do such a change? Thanks!
April 6, 2023 at 8:59 amRobAnsys Employee
There will be a few approaches. What sort of valve are you trying to replicate?
April 6, 2023 at 7:43 pmSanjib GurungSubscriber
Hi Rob, thanks for the response! I am trying to simulate the heart valves but simplified to the orifice opening area. I want to shrink and widen the orifice opening area with time. Is it possible to assign the time-varying region of nodes within the inlet and outlet named selections with time-varying flow rate input?
April 11, 2023 at 10:41 amRobAnsys Employee
You can, but you can't close the opening.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.