September 16, 2017 at 11:06 ambwideSubscriber
I'm trying to write a VBScript for Ansys q3d extractor .I have a DXF file that I wanted to import it into Ansys Q3D extractor, each time this file is changed in terms of number of conds
for example: file1
when I import it into the Ansys Q3d extractor software I got 69 cond
when I import it into Q3d extractor I got 72 cond
so I would like to know how to merge the objects that intersect automatically because each time the number of objects changes from one file to another.
That's what I want regardless of the number of objects file 3)
here is the code that I did for a single file but I want it to automatically detect and test the conds that intersect and merge them since I have several different DXF files haven't the same number of conds.
Thank you. Help me please
November 23, 2017 at 12:32 amsv1437Subscriber
Instead of using a script to do this. Try the below procedure:
1) Select all the objects and unite them. Now they will be shown as single object in the Modeler tree.
2) Now select the object and select the menu item Modeler > Boolean > Separate bodies.
Let me know if you have any questions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.