September 16, 2017 at 11:06 ambwideSubscriber
I'm trying to write a VBScript for Ansys q3d extractor .I have a DXF file that I wanted to import it into Ansys Q3D extractor, each time this file is changed in terms of number of conds
for example: file1
when I import it into the Ansys Q3d extractor software I got 69 cond
when I import it into Q3d extractor I got 72 cond
so I would like to know how to merge the objects that intersect automatically because each time the number of objects changes from one file to another.
here is the code that I did for a single file but I want it to automatically detect and test the conds that intersect and merge them since I have several different DXF files haven't the same number of conds.
Thank you. Help me please
November 23, 2017 at 12:32 amsv1437Subscriber
Instead of using a script to do this. Try the below procedure:
1) Select all the objects and unite them. Now they will be shown as single object in the Modeler tree.
2) Now select the object and select the menu item Modeler > Boolean > Separate bodies.
Let me know if you have any questions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Failed to recover curve outlines
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
- Feeding experimental data (temperature) in to Ansys to get conductivity
- meshing problem