November 17, 2022 at 2:31 pmFrederic WuSubscriber
Could anyone kindly tell me what each choices of the DFT monitor's vector operation field measure? There are magnitude, X, Y, and Z. Does the magnitude graph show the crest and troughs of an E field?
November 17, 2022 at 2:33 pmFrederic WuSubscriber
Also, should the E field profile have negative values when I choose X as the vector operation field?
November 17, 2022 at 4:43 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
First, field value is complex with real and imaginary parts, which can be positive and negative. For example, E=Er+i*Ei where Er and Ei can be positive or negative.
xyz means Ex,Ey and Ez, magnitute is abs(E)=sqrt(abs(Ex)^2+abs(Ey)^2+abs(Ez)^2).
Only real and imaginery shows phase,not the magnitude or absolute values.
Please refer this post
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.