Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Vector size meaning?

• Patrickodon
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I was under the assumption that the colour of the vectors decided the "size" of them, i.e. the "amount" of velocity in the velocity vectors. But I'm running an animation and:

I've got colour descrepancies for the different vector values, but also different sized vectors - what does their differing size signify?

• SRP
      Subscriber

Hi,

Vector is drawn at the center of each cell, with the length and color of the arrows representing the velocity magnitude.

I recommend to refer the user’s guide if you want more information on how vectors are represented.: 37.1. Basic Graphics Generation (ansys.com)

If you are not able to access the link, please refer to this forum discussion: Using Help with links (ansys.com)

Thank you

Saurabh

• Patrickodon
        Subscriber

Ah OK, I assumed only the colour represented the magnitude of the vector, not the size as well. Thank you!

• Patrickodon
      Subscriber

I couldn’t access the tutorial without the Ansys licence number (trying to source that off the college) – for anyone browsing in the future, I’ve figured out that the colour is the magnitude, while the size is the magnitude relative to the other arrows. So if there’s a large differrence between max and min, the size of max will be much larger than the minimum arrows.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.