November 27, 2022 at 1:55 amMohamad YassineSubscriber
I am trying to model a 2D tubes bundles (see figure) by modelling a periodic portion of the geometry. I added the symmetry/periodic boundary conditions and I define the pressure gradient (1e-5 Pa) to drive the flow. The resulting velocity contours I am getting are zero, but when i switch off "node" values i get banded velocity contours (smooth contours option is greyed out). Am i doing something wrong?
November 29, 2022 at 4:38 pmRobAnsys Employee
How does the convergence look? 1e-5 Pa is tiny, so the flow velocity may be near enough zero.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.