Fluids

Fluids

Velocity evaluated at nodes or cell centers

• liweiyi
      Subscriber

Hi,

Is there any way I can check whether the velocities and pressure are evaluated at nodes or cell centers during the computation?

Thanks,

Weiyi

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

It'll be covered in the documentation. 

• liweiyi
      Subscriber

Hi,

I'm working on a project using LES mode of ANSYS Fluent 19.2. The results which I outputted based on nodes show a huge difference from those based on cell centers, i.e. very strong oscillations can be witnessed in the second order moments if the velocity fields were outputted based on cell centers. The momentum discretization schemes I have been trying are QUICK and unbounded second order central difference. The gradient scheme is cell based least squares method. 

I may not be able to wait until the next release of the documentation. Could you please just tell me whether those quantities are evaluated at nodes or cell centers? Otherwise, I have to switch to other CFD software.

Thanks,

Weiyi

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Fluent uses cell centre values: CFX uses nodes. If you click on "Help" in Fluent it'll take you to the documentation. 

• liweiyi
      Subscriber

Hi, 

One more question:

If I use "PRESTO!" (which is a pressure staggering scheme) for pressure interpolation scheme, are the velocities still evaluated at cell center?

Weiyi

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.