Fluids

Fluids

Velocity Streamline – Particle Trace

• shehab Gamrah
      Subscriber

Yesterday I was using ensight to analyse date at a single transient timestep, and I was able to generate a particle trace velocity streamline from the inlet of the flow, I then closed the software and reopened it to generate the same particle trace, but the it doesn't show again, can someone tell me why this occurs, however if I select the fluid it creates a streamline but is disconnected and not as this picture, I just don't understand why it was working but suddenly stopped

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      Not sure I understand your question right, can you please elaborate on the steps that you performed before and after reopening EnSight? It seems to me that you are performing 2 different operations at the 2 the instances. In that case, you are bound to get different pathlines.
    • shehab Gamrah
      Subscriber
      So basically I used these settings yesterday to create streamline as shown in the previous picture, but then when I restarted my laptop and tried to get the same streamline it doesn't show any streamlines

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Select the fluid domain from which pathlines will be evaluated and then plot streamlines
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.