Fluids

Fluids

Vertical axis wind turbine 2D, problem with the air distribution

• Moh1993
      Subscriber

while i simulating a Savonius rotor, this happened with me , the inner domain, the fluent read it as solid and the air dose not enter it, i made interface between the outer and inner domains, also i made the inner domain as moving mesh, the outer stationary.

how to solve the problem ? 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Please change cell zone type to fluid under cell zone conditions. 

Let me know if this helps. 

Regards,

Keyur

• Moh1993
      Subscriber

Hi,

Thank you for reply

actually both of cell zone conditions were set to a fluid

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Can you go after initialization to the Mesh interfaces and list the interface to check the portion of overlapping and non-overlapping regions on your interface. The same can be done via Graphics under Mesh variables (Interface Overlap Fraction).

• Moh1993
      Subscriber

Can you go after initialization to the Mesh interfaces and list the interface to check the portion of overlapping and non-overlapping regions on your interface. The same can be done via Graphics under Mesh variables (Interface Overlap Fraction).

sorry i cant understand how to do that , im using fluent 18.1

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

So you have understood it otherwise you were not able to post it. So it tells that only 28.5% of the interface is marked as interior which would explain the flow blockage (which could result from different mesh topologies, geometric misalignment, or the existence of large gaps). Please post a zoomed screenshot of the mesh where the interface might be checked.

• Moh1993
      Subscriber

Thank you for help

this is some screenshots for the mesh at interface around the circle

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

So the mesh is depicting some regions with gaps and regions of misalignment and regions where both parts are overlapping each other. Either you go back to pre-processing and work on that (recommended) or (if really the interfaces needs to be 100% flow permeable) you can try recreating the interface with the Option "Matching" (I underline the word "You can Try")

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

is it safe to assume this is a 2D mesh?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.