General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Vibrations on marine propeller strut

• Luis
      Subscriber

Hello everybody, I've performed a FSI simulation between fluent and transient mechanic to find flow vibrations induced by rotating propeller and rotating shaft on the strut. My output now, in workbench, is the tab ''system coupling". How to find vibrations induced (contour and amplitude-frequency plot)? thank you

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

In Mechanical, pick a node on the strut, maybe near the tip, or one that is level with the shaft, either side will do.  Request Directional Deformation and select a coordinate direction that represents the sideways vibration of the strut. Go to the Tabular output and copy the data out of the table and paste it into a program that can compute an FFT or a Spectrogram or Waterfall Plot to extract the frequency content of the deformation. I use matlab for that. What was the time step size of the system coupling?

• Luis
      Subscriber

Hi peteroznewman, thank you for your kind reply. I used 1*10^(-4)  as timestep size. When I request "directional deformation" and plot the data, I will obtain a graph (or chart) containing deformation (mm) vs. physical time? Then, using FFT I can switch to frequency domain? Am I right?

Thank you

Luis

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.