TAGGED: apdl, virtual-topology
April 4, 2023 at 9:57 pmEthan PerezSubscriber
Is it possible to merge areas in APDL similar to how virtual topology works in Mechanical?
I have a volume with some areas that I'd like to combine in order to clean up the mesh. The desired result would be a free or mapped mesh which follows the original areas and bounding lines while ignoring the internal lines. I've tried a few things with AADD and ACCAT but they are not working as hoped. For example, AADD only works with coplanar areas and ACCAT follows the internal lines. Virtual topology appears to do the job but looks to be available only in Mechanical.
April 6, 2023 at 4:01 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Can you try node merge?
Merging CAD Bodies, Like a Multibody Part | Ansys CAD Geometry (simutechgroup.com)
April 6, 2023 at 8:46 pmEthan PerezSubscriber
Thanks for the suggestion. I currently use NUMMRG,KP to merge coincident geometry but will try using it on nodes to accomplish something similar to virtual topology.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.