October 13, 2018 at 8:37 pmadkhSubscriber
Hi, I am recently learning how to analyse harmonic response analysis of viscoelastic sandwich structures, i.e, viscoelastic layer in between two plates but i dont know how to start it in ansys workbench. Can anyone give me some guidance (step by step) or tutorials on this subject, if any. Thanks
October 13, 2018 at 9:10 pm
October 13, 2018 at 9:28 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
This discussion talks about different ways to model a sandwich structure.
This issue for viscoelastic materials is they are nonlinear and the harmonic response analysis is limited to linear materials so you will be forced to run simulations in Transient Structural and extract time history data and manually create the harmonic response that is automated in the harmonic response analysis.
Please reply with details about the viscoelastic sandwich, the kinds of structures you want to analyze, the range of frequencies you want to study.
October 13, 2018 at 11:11 pmadkhSubscriber
Thank you so much for your help. Yeah, actually i want to analyze viscoelastic sandwich, in which the face sheets are steel and viscoelastic material, such as neoprene is constrained. The range of frequencies can be any range, because i just want to go through the entire modeling to results steps, i.e, for understanding how to analyze it in ansys.
October 13, 2018 at 11:12 pmadkhSubscriber
Thanks Sandeep, i checked it but these don't cover the topic on Viscoelastic sandwich.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.