General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Viscoelasticity and Hyperelasticity

• adkh
      Subscriber

Hi i need help for the problem. I am trying to define viscoelasticity and hyperelasticity to a sandwich cantilever beam. But, the problem i am facing is that when i add any hyperelastic model (e.g. Rivlin, Ogden etc.) and then add Prony for viscoelasticity, the software automatically suppresses the hyper-elastic model and when i un-suppress it, then viscoelastic (prony) suppresses automatically.

So, my question is that if i have to define a material as a visco-hyperelastic, how shall i proceed?. I already have parameters for Mooney-Rivlin and Ogden and Prony parameters, so i don't have to input test data. Thanks

Best Regards

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

You probably just have it suppressed which happens by default. Please uncheck that box in column D.

Regards,
      Sandeep
      Best Practices on the Student Community

• adkh
      Subscriber

Yeah, Sandeep. Thanks for reply. This is exactly the problem i am facing, now when i uncheck the box in front of Mooney Rivlin, the software automatically checks the box in front of Prony Shear Relaxation, i.e., suppresses it.

I mean, that for Prony coefficients you have to define isotropic elasticity as well, so now looking at your image if i uncheck the Mooney-rivlin box and isotropic elasticity box, it suppresses the Mooney-rivlin again.

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

No, you don't need isotropic elasticity. The elastic and bulk parameters are calculated from the mooney rivlin model.

Regards,
      Sandeep

• adkh
      Subscriber

ok, got it. Thank you so much Sandeep.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.