April 11, 2022 at 4:57 amIanFMZSubscriber
One way of obtaining the beam data for a source is by clicking "Visualize beam data" for the source, then exporting to various formats from the visualizer. We can also reach the visualizer by clicking Visualize -> Fields.April 11, 2022 at 6:40 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeI am not sure how to do this in Python, but using Lumerical script you can do it. For example source_field=getresult("source","fields");
in the workspace you can see the dataset:
An even better way to do this is to use script add the Gaussian source, set its parameters and extract the field data as above.
set("waist radius w0",3e-6);
Then you can further process what you want to do.
April 12, 2022 at 11:25 pmIanFMZSubscriber
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for!
In Python, it can be done using
fdtd_hook = lumapi.FDTD fdtd_hook.getresult("source", "fields")
which will output the dataset as a dictionary with keys ['lambda', 'f', 'x', 'y', 'z', 'E', 'H', 'Lumerical_dataset'].
April 13, 2022 at 12:01 amGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeThank you for letting me know this!
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.