Fluids

Fluids

VOF MODEL

• LILI
      Subscriber

I want to use VOF model to simulate the collision of particles and wet plates, do not know how to operate, I hope to get help, thank you

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

for collision of particles you will need to use ddpm and not vof.

if this helps you, please mark this as 'is solution'  to help others on forum. 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

moving this to fluid dynamics category. 

• LILI
      Subscriber
      The case I saw before was the kind of particles in the fluid, but I want to simulate the collision of a single particle with a wet plate. Can I also use the DDPM model?Thank you for your help.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Are you looking at a single large particle or droplet?  If the particle bounces there's the macro particle model (MPM), if you want it to splash then VOF is the correct choice. Note, you'll need at least 10 cells across the MPM and for splashing around 10 cells over the secondary splashed droplets: the former will be a big mesh, the latter huge so may not be possible with the student software. 

• LILI
      Subscriber
      I want to do a 2D simulation like this picture

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You will need to use a high resolved mesh and VOFto model crown splash and droplet film or well wall impact. We do not have tutorial for that but you will find several papers talking about it. MPM or 6dof can be used to model the hard sphere motion.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.