Fluids

Fluids

Void Fraction Measurement of multiphase flow

• peterock0009
      Subscriber

the fluid region is the white region in the attached picture. The 3 cylindrical rods will be sourrces of heat flux and the wall will be adiabatic. As seen, I have completed the model in Ansys, However, I have difficulty going about the analysis in ANSYS

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Could you please elaborate further about your model so we can help you?

• Objective of your model

• Boundary conditions

• Type of multiphase model

• What difficulties are you facing?

Thank you.

Best,

Karthik

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber
      We would need more information before we can direct you to the right resources. Which solver are you working with, Fluent or CFX? You mention multiphase, what are the different fluids in the domain and how do they enter and exit the domain?
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Is the case related to nuclear safety assessment? Are you willing to model wall boiling/ bubbly to mist flow?

• peterock0009
      Subscriber

Thank you Kremella for your response.

• The objective of the model is to determine the void fraction throughout the cross section of the model

•  Boundary Conditions

• Inlet Pressure:- 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9MPa

• Inlet Temp:- Corresponding Saturation temperature

• Inlet Steam Quality:- 0.04, 0.08, 0.12, 0.16, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.8, 1

• Mass Velocity:- 100, 150, 200, 250, 300kgm^2s^-1

• RPI boiling model i believe

• I recently started using the ANSYS software and this would be my first multiphase modeling project, so i would appreciate all forms of technical assistance i can get.

Thank you

• peterock0009
      Subscriber

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your response. I am currently using the ANSYS Fluent. For the multiphase flow, the fluids are water-liquid and water-vapor. Both fluids will enter the inlet as mixture with specified mass velocity. 

I will be glad to provide any further information required.

Best Regards

• peterock0009
      Subscriber

Yes, it is related to nuclear safety assessment, however, the objective is limited to determining the void fraction across the cross section. I intend to use the wall boiling model.

Thank you

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.